There is misconception prevailing that Apple Macintosh users do not need an anti virus program. But remember once Apple had issued the notice: “Apple encourages the widespread use of multiple anti-virus utilities so that virus programmers have more than one application to circumvent, thus making the whole virus writing process more difficult.”
So keep your computer powered by Mac OS safe from viruses, malware, Rootkits, Trojans and other malicious programs, because keeping our data and ourselves protected is the priority. Below are the top five antivirus programs for Mac (in alphabetical order):
1. iAntivirus for MAC: If you are a Mac user, then you would be aware of the name iAntivirus. It is one of the popular antivirus programs for Mac OS. And yes, this is also a free antivirus program. iAntivirus has been designed such that it does not allow malicious programs to attack your Mac OS.
Its real-time protection and solid detection system enhances all the security parameters of Mac OS for free. You can also keep updating this antivirus program to keep your computer safe from all the latest cyber threats.
2. McAfee Virus Scan: McAfee is not at all an unknown name for Windows users. And this popularity inspired them to design antivirus programs compatible on Mac OS. Like a typical McAfee computer security program, it allows you to keep your Mac OS free from old and new viruses, Trojans and other malicious programs.
This McAfee antivirus program for Mac features McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator which allows you to keep an eye on all the computers connected on the network. Its user friendly interface and availability of updates makes it a rough and tough antivirus program for Macintosh OS.
3. Norton Antivirus: Norton (Symantec) is a huge name in the arena of computer security experts. Even big companies trust their products capability. This undoubted fact makes it a popular and a favorite antivirus program for Macintosh operating system.
Its conventional detection and deletion feature with updated database makes it an ideal computer protection system. Regardless you are on Internet or not, its features will always make you feel safer from cyber threats like viruses, Trojans, and Rootkits.
Although Apple’s Mac OS provides some of the best security features like sandboxing, Library Randomization and Execute Disable, adding an extra layer of protection will never harm you. Choose your favorite antivirus program and get ready for a safer ride on Apple Macintosh OS.
4. Agax Antivirus: (Not for Mac OS X) Antivirus program by Agax is popular for its powerful and robust protection on a Mac computer. Apart from conventional features like detection and deletion of viral threats, it integrates your Mac OS with potent background protection which makes way for hassle free experience on computer.
Agax antivirus program features a shielding force namely, “Defender”. This adds to the overall protective features of this sound antivirus program. Agax antivirus program is also a free program.
5. ClamCour Antivirus: (Not for Mac OS X) Since Internet is the primary source of most of the cyber attacks on your computer, ClamCour provides a robust protection while you are on Internet. This antivirus program mainly concentrates on the protection from cyber threats.
ClamCour offers an amazing feature called “Courier Filter” which scans all the mails coming into your inbox and does not allow you to download them, incase they are infected. It enhances your Internet browsing experience. Moreover, this antivirus program will not hurt your wallet as it a freeware.